happy michael king jr. day.
Today, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It’s a day that hopefully we all celebrate equality of all Peoples. Today, we also celebrate the man who this holiday is named after, who was also considered “the most powerful Negro” by the FBI. Here are some other interesting facts, brought to you by our friends over at Today I Found Out:
• MLK’s birth name was Mike King Jr.
• MLK tried to commit suicide at age 12.
• If MLK wasn’t a smoker, he may have not been assassinated. (smoking kills kids.)
• MLK graduated COLLEGE by age 19 like a holy Doogie Howser.
• MLK spent his honeymoon in a funeral parlor. Kinky.
• MLK’s mother was also assassinated.
• Utah is officially the most racist state being the last to recognize MLK Jr. day in the year 2000.
These are just a few interesting facts. Of course T.IF.O. does a great job explaining all these interesting curios of history, but you’ll have to go over there to find out more. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day everyone. Remember to love one another.